Wednesday, March 27, 2019

The Important Concept for the Basins


Most RV sinks have covers that slide over top while you’re driving down the road and sink covers are a small curve on the upper left-hand corner so our model comes in several color options including black, white and stainless steel.  The one we chose is thermometer which we found out weighs 20-25% less than what we originally had. This was a huge plus because as we get ready for our solar install less weight in the rig the better. These rv sink cover replacement are great because they not only create a covered in-sink storage area, but they also serve as extra counter space. But what if we took that concept one step farther. What if, in addition to a storage lid and extra space, the rv sink cover replacement also doubled as cutting boards. Brilliant right that requires nothing more than a simple cutting board and a hack saw to cut it to size.

It’s not just the sink you need to consider, but the kitchen as a whole; how it’s set up, whether there’s enough space or storage, how easy it is to get to the things you use all the time, how easy it is to clean and all that other stuff. We’ll go into all those details in future posts, but for now, we’re just going to talk about sinks. There are a few things that are pretty important, but then I’ve also got a few pet peeves. Stainless steel or plastic. For an RV, those seem to be the two most common choices. Yes, there’s rv sink cover replacement made of porcelain, composite granite, copper even. If you are not a fan of the plastic sinks so you going to have to go with stainless steel. Durable, easy to clean and so common that it’s not going to break the bank buying an RV sized stainless steel sink. I’m sure you’ve seen plenty of RV sink designs that either inspire you, or leave you scratching your head. The designers of these sinks (and RVs) have ever cooked in their lives (or done dishes). And then other times I’ve wondered how I’ve spent so many hours at a kitchen sink and never thought of this useful feature.

So, let’s look at a couple of designs that I’ve seen in RVs and my thoughts on each. RV sink cover replacement don't always make sense to me, like this one, isn't it annoying having the plastic lid blocking off any of the counter that's behind it? The very idea of these drives me bonkers. The concept that folding down the lid now means that you have extra counter space; but when it’s folded up, I feel like the plastic lid now cuts off any counter space behind it. I’m sure I’d be constantly knocking it because I’ve now got a big piece of plastic in my way. the sink lids that I think do work are the chopping board covers, either plastic (not my favorite) or wooden. Or if you’re going to have a hinged cover, at least make sure it’s hinged at the back of the counter so that it’s not cutting off a portion of your counter space.

No comments:

Post a Comment